As a Senior Account Exective, you are expected to work on one or more clients and play a key role ensuring the proper execution of client activities. You will contribute to BCW’s performance by supporting the senior team members/leaders in managing client relationships and integrated communication (IC) programs, satisfying and delighting clients, generating new business and developing strong teams. You are required to support our corporate strategy and your practice or office to help ensure superior client service, a winning culture and profitability.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the go-to person for the client by staying current on your client’s businesses and industries and be seen as someone who can get things done quickly and efficiently.
- Understand what it takes to develop impactful IC strategies to help implement IC plans to meet client objectives and deliver results
- Play an active role in supporting the senior team members in quality implementation for an account or a group of accounts within time and budget constraints
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills to support the senior team to develop quality materials such as press releases, messages etc.
- Maintain relationships with prominent media members inside and outside your clients’ industries and stay current on any news that can be used for the benefit of clients
- Stay updated on social media trends and build relationships with key influencers and community contacts to optimize channels
- Be responsible to create professional, actionable client-facing communications, status reports, campaign summary reports and general account activity reports.
- Constantly be on the look out for new opportunities and support the senior team members in winning new business within existing and potential clients; lead research projects and be able to provide accurate and precise research findings with insights
- Participate in new business development, example brainstorming and research
Team Work and Talent Management:
- Be an effective team player and create an inclusive working environment that welcomes opinions, ideas and suggestions from all sources
- Help the senior team members in providing on the job training (eg, research, news monitoring etc.) to junior team members and delegate tasks with intended timelines and clear expectations of outcomes
- Provide continuous constructive feedback, and keep immediate supervisors briefed on team member performance ensuring recognition of good performance and resolution of concerns in a timely manner
- Record time in a system in a timely manner
- Make supervisors aware of your time spent so the business can be managed profitably
- Follow agency procedures for client budgets, budget tracking, contract approval and billing rates
- Support the senior team members in managing vendor relationships, costs and invoicing
- Use BCW’s intranet and resources; keep your profile updated.
- Be a brand ambassador and help recruit top talent by knowing our capabilities and network
- Adhere to BCW’s confidentiality and disclosure agreements and code of ethics/conduct.
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or a similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations
- Enjoys reading/watching news reports and follows/familiar with social media
- Strong communication ability (oral and written) in both Japanese and English
- Professional-level writing and presentation skills in Japanese
- Background in marketing, researching, writing and editing publications, and design and production, are a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-tasking
- Creative and a problem solver
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
*The job description is a summary of typical job functions and is not an exhaustive list of possible duties. The jobholder’s responsibilities and duties may differ from those outlined above. Other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.