As an Account Executive you are expected to actively be involved in the day to day execution of client activities under the supervision and guidance of senior team members. You will contribute to BCW’s performance by supporting the seniors in the team to manage client relationships and integrated communication (IC) programs, satisfying and delighting clients and generating new business. You are required to support our corporate strategy and your practice or office to help ensure superior client service, a winning culture and profitability.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay updated on all your clients, their industries and competitors by actively reading articles, press materials, marketing collateral and strategy documents.
- Help organize and participate in client brainstorm meetings and calls and never hesitate to ask informed questions and make creative recommendations; understand what is being done and how it adds value to your clients
- Able to draft high quality and actionable client facing communications with minimal assistance, including status reports, campaign summary reports, general account activity reports etc.
- Know how to use the BCW proprietary tools such as Digital Catalyst Cards and the Creative Catalyst Network
- Know the BCW research and measurement methodologies and implement research and measurement tools to support the account team in IC programs
- Understand the media landscape and be able to help develop and customize media lists for your clients
- Build media relationships and be able to leverage relevant knowledge to benefit your clients
- Assist in press materials development and support the preparation of press events.
- Stay updated on social media trends and build relationships with key influencers and community contacts to optimize channels
- Be an active listener during client meetings. Every client meeting can lead to opportunities to grow existing relationships
- Stay updated on social media and other channels for opportunities and convey them to the senior team members for possible new business opportunities
- Assist the senior members in developing case studies and new business proposals
Team Work and Talent Management:
- Be an effective team player and collaborate with the team to design and implement effective client strategies
- Be receptive to ideas and suggestions from the other members of the team and be able to work as a team to support each other
- Consistently demonstrate integrity and credibility and build trust through inclusive behavior
- Record time in system in a timely manner
- Support the senior team members in managing vendor relationships, costs and invoicing
- Use BCW’s intranet and resources; keep your profile updated
- Be a brand ambassador and help recruit top talent by knowing our capabilities
- Adhere to BCW confidentiality and disclosure agreements and code of ethics/conduct
- Some experience as a Public Relations Officer or a similar PR role
- Some experience managing media relations is preferable
- Enjoys reading/watching news reports and follows/familiar with social media
- Strong communication ability (oral and written) in both Japanese and English
- Background in marketing, researching, writing and editing publications, and design and production, are a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-tasking
- Creative and a problem solver
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
*The job description is a summary of typical job functions and is not an exhaustive list of possible duties. The jobholder’s responsibilities and duties may differ from those outlined above. Other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.